Friday, December 19, 2008

So it goes.

So it goes…

So today Mr. Kunkle was talking about how Vonnegut writes so casually when talking about such serious things, and how it is significant. I think he was right when he was saying that he was trying to make a point about what society views as bad. We allow children to watch things like “Saw” and other shows of violent nature, yet it is horrible to have a naked woman on the TV. One thing that he said really hit me hard. Which is worse, saying motherfucker or killing thousands of people? You decide. People were very against this book when it first came out, but not because of what it said about war, but rather its views on god and the bad language used. I think sometimes people get so caught up in something they fail to see the bigger picture. I think this book is a really good example of how a lot of people worry about the wrong things.

Have a good break!

1 comment:

Keenen D said...

Yea I agree, I don't think its right that kids can watch Saw, but can't watch a half-naked person or something like that. They both are bad, but you know what I mean.