Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pimps and Prostitutes

Haha! Ohhh dear lord, I loved reading "speaking in tongues".


At first I was pretty skeptical, and I still don't really understand the whole "speaking in tongues" part, but this was probably my favorite story we have read so far. For the first time I really wanted to know what happened and I was wondering why Tia was doing the things she was. Seriously, that girl didnt really know any better, but anyone could have guessed that Dezi was super sketchy. Especially when he hinted that he was following her. CREEPER! It was all okay though, cause marie the prostitute gathered up all the other prostitutes and saved her in the end.

And now I just found out that speaking in tongues really does exist in religions! I had never heard of it before, and I thought they were just making it up to make the story better. Wow, that really intense. It must have been hard for Tia, she didn't really fit in at home, but once she left she ran into all kinds of trouble.

One thing I did notice, was that even though her religion had taught her that the outside world was evil, she still found good in people. For example, when all of the people on the bus were cheering that one guy on, or when the prostitutes helped her run. hmmm. well thats all for today, because study hall is over...so main point...I LOVED IT =]

3 comments:

Hannah T said...

HEYYY :)

I really liked how the prostitues helped her out at the end. It really showed that as bad as people may seem, they still have some good in them. I felt really bad for Tia though because she didn't know any better. :( It was a pretty sad story but better than all the other ones we have read.

have a good day :)

Ollie said...

It was nice how the women of the night came to her rescue in the end, and helped someone on the opposite side of the spectrum. It was a strange story but also very sad. I was disheartened to read that she went back home. I was thinking shed become a professional clarinetist.

Justin G said...

I agree with Hannah i thought that it was really cool how the prostituts helped out Tia.