Monday, December 8, 2008

Avant Garde.


"Avant Garde refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics." ... According to wikepedia, and lets face it, wikipedia is awesome :)

I think that some of the best things are those that are controversial. If people always stuck to the same old same old, then life would be BORING. I think when people are brave enough to step out of the norm and try something new than it should be appreciated, not criticized. It may not be your idea of beautiful, but thats not always the point.

Sure, you can look at a painting of a flower all day, and don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's beautiful, but sometimes I want something a little more interesting. So when it comes to modernism I think it's great. Sure, some of the stuff is a little bit weird for me, but at least it makes me think.

3 comments:

Winnie K said...

I think that you brought up a good point. Life would be really boring if no one broke out of the norm.
I think that back then, people critized new things because they weren't used to it. It was something that they didnt know of so they thought that it wasn't right, or was bad.

AGray said...

This is from Leah..


"salt in your anigav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAhahgahhahahahahhahahahahahaahahhahahahaaahahahaahahahahaa

hahahaaahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!! sand is worse!!! !! sand is worse!!!!

love you poopeeeeeyy peeepeepeee yayayayayayayaa"


--leah

ps--HEY NATALIE~!! AnelkgLKEJiofpeoaih!OIhgpaoihefO:I!H;oihewa;foijaeo;gi =) love you bye! (from alyssa)

ppss--i love you more! (leah)

Sami said...

I agree with you so much! I think it's inspiring when you see something fresh, crazy and out of the ordinary. Project Runway is one of my favorite t.v. shows and they use this term often. And when the contestants have an avant garde challenge, it's the most fun to watch because they arn't the typical cocktail dresses, but edgy and unbeliveably imaginative ones. Damn I wish I could pull off those outfits. :)