Thursday, November 6, 2008

Regaining Unconsciousness

Hello everyone...welcome to my very first blog :)

I believe that everyone brings something to the table. Looking past all the cliques and judgements of high school, I think that people can usually find some common ground. Though the world is extremely diverse, I tend to view it as one of its best attributes. I think that the way to have progress is by looking at many different ideas from different people. Just because someone is not the same as you doesnt mean their thoughts and beliefs aren't valid. Thinking outside the box is what challenges people and causes good ideas to become better. In the end I think that despite the many differences throughout the world, people are just people and everyone matters.

After writing my "This I believe" statement for class, It got me thinking about an episode of One Tree Hill I had seen. Now if you don't watch the show you may get lost, but if you do think back about Anna. In an episode where it is revealed that she is bisexual, she is extremely scared of the people in her high school finding out because she is afraid they will judge her. Then Peyton reads a quote (from the lyrics regaining unconsciousness) that really made me think.

"First they put away the dealers, then they put away the prostitutes, then they shooed away the bums, and beat and bash the queers. They turned away the asylum seekers, fed us suspicions and fears. We didnt raise our voice, we didnt make a fuss; its funny, there was no one left to notice when they came for us."

6 comments:

Lindsey R said...

Hey I think that your blog is very intriguing. I fell in love with your idea. Very nice. Have a splendid day :)

Shauna Ohhh said...

Natalie, This is inspiring. It is funny that people judge people for being different, but isn't that what we are here for. No one is suppost to be the same. If they were they same, they would be "different." It doesn't always make sense the life that we are living now with such hatred and anger. People Need to recognize people are different and respect them for that.

aleeshaKo said...

Hello tata!

I like your blog, and I like your statement, it is very true and I definitely agree with you.

But just a ps- I really very much dislike NOFX, we'll talk about that later.

Anyways, I like you! Have a fantastic day love

Hannah T said...

Natalie,
I think it's very admirable that you come out and say what everyone else is thinking, like you did here. :) Your statement is so true, especially when thinking of our high school. A lot of times people don't realize how bad they are judging people, and I hope this really helps people understand!

Ollie said...

Natalie, I agree totally with not juding people for who they are on the insides. It's true society kicks out everyone whos different, and NOFX hit it on the nail head.

AGray said...

"YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE!"