Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time.


Hi.


So I really wasn't looking forward to doing the close reading assignment for class, but I ended up doing lyrics from the song Good Day by Angels and Airwaves because I happened to be listening to the song at the time and it seemed like it might work.

It surprised me to find that once I started reading the lyrics over and over, they almost took on a new meaning. I came up with this idea of not having enough time to enjoy things and even if I was way off with my interpretation of the song, it still really made me think of the concept.

It happens to me all the time, where I look back and just think, how did that go by so fast? Sometimes it seems like everything is just a blur. People are always going, going, going, but it's almost sad we can't stand back for a second and think.
I hadn't watched the video before coming up with my theory, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I may have been somewhat right :)

7 comments:

Sami said...

Hey Natalie!
I'd never heard the the song Good Day by Angels and Airwaves before, so I looked it up and Youtube and then I looked up the lyrics. I definitely agree with your interpretation of the lyrics, and thinking back on time. Especially now with high school ending I find myself thinking about how fast it all went. And I also really liked the song. Good post! :)

Hannah T said...

Hey Nat:)

I totally understand what you were saying about how times seems to go by so fast. It's kind of sad to look back on high school and realize that it really did fly by. But then again we'll be out of here soon enough and moving on, which I know you are looking forward to! :)

well anyway...
Have a good day!!

Lindsey R said...

I love Angels and Airwaves!! I think that song is amazing. But I would have to agree. I find myself looking back and wondering where the time went.
Great post!!!

Erin said...

I've never heard the song, but i think you're right about looking back and wondering where the time has gone. This was a good choice to analyze! Great blog!

Anthony Mystery said...

hey there,

it is true that in a few months all of us will look back and realize that we are really done with high school, and some of us will probably have some regrets of things they did or didnt do. i think that in our society has gotten too wrapped up in constantly doing things, that we need to sit back and think about what is our priority. we obviously cant do everything, but what do we want to do the most.

wonderful post

I'm not lost in the world. I'm just taking a detour. said...

I totally agree. I mean i wake up in the morning, go to school, work, and then home. I don't get any time to do anything. I do my homework and go to bed. Some days I just don't know whats going on around me. Its like time is just a haze for me.

Keenen D said...

That always happens to me! I never analyze anything good, but then once I dig deep, it totally means something very different to me. That just goes to show you that people should pay attention to detail too.